Friday, June 18, 2010

Days Before My Heart Surgery

18 June 2010

Yesterday was a pretty long day for me. I worked with my friend Sandy in Petaluma. I also went downtown Petaluma to find a furniture store where my friend Lennie works and found the place pretty easy. I went inside and noticed the beds are on the first floor and the furniture is on the second and third floor. I wasn’t sure I could make it up two flights of stairs but it wasn’t too bad. Of course, I saw Lennie fluffing pillows. (I think she was born fluffing pillows.) I then creped over to an overstuffed chair and sat down until she moved over toward me. Another customer was browsing so I was pretty hidden. Lennie was about ten feet away from me and I said, “I wonder if this is a good color.” She looked up at me and did a double take. I started laughing too hard. I love doing little things like that. She showed me around the place and I fell in love a few pieces.

That really helped to boost the old spirit. I came home and had a lot of pain so I rested and did some reading. Vanessa called and I went to pick her up at the movies. Mother duties never end.

After dinner I watched the movie “The Lovely Bones” I read the book a few months ago and really wanted to see the movie. It is so strange how fast movies go to DVD these days. If a person didn’t read the book it would be sort of hard to follow. I loved the special effects and acting. I would recommend this movie only if you read the book. It will help fill in the holes. Of course a movie can never live up to a good book but the magic of film is in a field apart from text.

I was having pretty bad chest pains so I went to bed. I can’t take anything for the pain but the beta blockers and ativan seem to relax the muscles enough to fall asleep.

I have another headache this morning and some chest pain. I am really doing well mentally. The hospital gave me a cd to listen to designed just for surgery patients. It really helps me to meditate and rid my body of most of the pain.

Writing is what is helping me the most. Thank you all for being there for me.

Sarah was just here and brought some baby chickens down to give to Caty. They are really called Chicks but I find that politically incorrect to call them that.

I LOVE CHICKENS. So does my grandson Achaius. He was loving on them so much I thought he was going to love them to death. He was showing me how they eat; he then started straightening its head out so much I thought he might tug too hard. . I just had to stop that. So we both got on my bed and cuddled a baby chicken. HOW MUCH Better can life get?

Off to t pool we went. He liked staying in the hot tub for so long he looked like a little prune. At one point he put his hand on my shoulder and said in the most loving voice “You are my best friend.” My heart melted. I know he says that to everyone, but I didn’t think about that. His love is so special.

When I got home I had to take a nap. Now I am feeling pretty good and rested. I would like to stay that way. No chest pain. Wow that is good.

Well I am out for now.
Thanks for listening.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment